Today I am writing on a topic that I think you will all find most useful, our school website! Our school website www.gradgeorgia.com is full of tons of helpful information and resources but not many people are familiar with all it has to offer. Today I am going to walk you through what you can find on our website in hopes of answering many of the questions that myself and fellow GACHS colleagues receive.
Beginning at the top of the page we have a very helpful banner that includes the following information:
The school phone number (844) 776-8678
School social media links to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (Join our groups and follow us if you have not done so already)
Facebook: GACHS School Yard our student group, GACHS Parent Support our parent/guardian support group, and GACHS Graduation our group for graduating seniors.
FEV Login link – this orange button labeled free tutoring takes you directly to the FEV tutoring page (see my previous post)
Student Parent Portal- this green button will take you directly to the Edgenuity login page where you can log in and access all of your courses. If you are a parent or guardian and you would like a guardian account please call the school number and ask to be connected to the virtual manager.
- Moving right along we have the About Tab. Here you will find information about our school, the locations of our physical centers, and information about our leadership team.
- The very next tab is our Divisions tab. Many students and parents will find the academics tab extremely helpful because there are links that display information on our course list, our school calendar which includes all school breaks and information on EOC testing and the end of each semester, the transcript request form, withdrawal request form, and intent to graduate form. Also housed here are graduation requirements and information on our curriculum partner Edgenuity.
- Also in this tab is information on our Federal Programs including resources related to Mckinney-Vento program, Migrant program, ESOL students, Title I resources, and our Parent Resource Center.
- Information on our school budget can be found in the finance tab while employment opportunities can be found in our human resources tab.
- In our student support services tab, you will find information about section 504 and special education services offered at GACHS.
- Lastly, rounding out this tab we have our technology area where students can submit a tech ticket request or submit a laptop application request. Please be advised there are certain requirements students have to meet in order to be eligible for a school-issued laptop
- The next tab is our governance board tab which houses information on the responsibilities and member composition of our school board. Please read about this group of people who are tasked with the important duties that go hand in hand with managing a charter school.
- Our students and parents tab contains our student handbook which is a comprehensive resource that covers information on everything GACHS related, a downloadable version of our school calendar, and information on college and career planning and dual enrollment. You can also find our public CCRPI scores int his section
- The enrollment tab contains all information related to enrolling students at GACHS including the documents you will need to complete the enrollment process and enrollment FAQs
- The news and events tab is where you will find information on important goings on at GACHS.
- Our blog tab leads you here, to our blog 🙂
- Lastly, the employment tab is another place where prospective employees can browse open positions at GACHS.
Other important information that can be found on our school website includes our core values and guiding principles which are the things the staff members keep in mind whenever they interact with students, parents, or members of the community.
Thank you so much for taking the time to learn about and hopefully browse our school website!
Until next time, have a great week!