Edgenuity provides online and blended learning products that engage students enabling them to achieve greater outcomes with award-winning courses, standards-aligned curriculum and instructional models grounded in research.
GACHS Required Credits for Graduation
English - 4 credits required (Must take 9th Grade Literature and American Literature)
Math - 4 credits required* (Must take up to Advanced Algebra)
*Coordinate Algebra and Geometry are required
Science - 4 credits required (Must take Physical Science and Biology)
History - 3 credits required
(Must take 1 World History, 1 American History, 1/2 Economics, and 1/2 Government)
CTAE - 3 credits required (Fine arts, Foreign language, or career/technical)
Health/P.E - 1 credit required (1/2 Health, 1/2 Personal Fitness)
Elective - 4 credits required
The Georgia Milestones Assessment System (Georgia Milestones) is a comprehensive summative assessment program spanning grades 3 through high school. Georgia Milestones measures how well students have learned the knowledge and skills outlined in the state-adopted content standards in language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies. Students in high school will take an end-of-course assessment for each of the eight courses designated by the State Board of Education.
Features the Georgia Milestone Assessment System include:
- open-ended (constructed-response) items in language arts and mathematics (all grades and courses);
- a writing component (in response to passages read by students) at every grade level and course within the language arts assessment;
- norm-referenced items in all content areas and courses, to complement the criterion-referenced information and to provide a national comparison; and
- online administration considered the primary mode of administration
What is the purpose of Georgia Milestones?
The Georgia Milestones Assessment System is designed to provide information about how well students are mastering the state-adopted content standards in the core content areas of language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies. Importantly, Georgia Milestones is designed to provide students with critical information about their own achievement and their readiness for their next level of learning – be it the next grade, the next course, or endeavor (college or career). Informing parents, educators, and the public about how well students are learning important content is an essential aspect of any educational assessment and accountability system. Parents, the public, and policy makers, including local school districts and boards of education, can use the results as a barometer of the quality of educational opportunity provided throughout the state of Georgia.
End of Course (EOC) Testing:
GAC High School students in grades 9 through 12 will take an end-of-course assessment in the content areas of language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies. The EOC tests are administered twice during the school year, in mid-December and early May.
Georgia Milestones End of Course Study/Resource Guides
Georgia Milestones End of Course Assessment Guides
- EOC Assessment Guides
- 9th Grade Literature EOC Assessment Guide (PDF)
- American Literature EOC Assessment Guide (PDF)
- Coordinate Algebra EOC Assessment Guide (PDF)
- Algebra I EOC Assessment Guide (PDF)
- Analytical Geometry EOC Assessment Guide (PDF)
- Geometry EOC Assessment Guide (PDF)
- Physical Science EOC Assessment Guide (PDF)
- Biology EOC Assessment Guide (PDF)
- US History EOC Assessment Guide (PDF)
- Economics EOC Assessment Guide (PDF)